Doll House

With the New Year always comes a desire to revamp my apartment!

I don’t want to spend a fortune, but I want it to look like I did. Plus I want pieces and accents that reflect my personality as well as personal taste. I moved into my pad nearly 7 months ago and have really taken my time with the design as I wanted to avoid shopping at the obvious places so instead waited patiently for unique affordable pieces that will stand out on their own yet complement the rest of the design.

Since travelling to Hollywood and venturing into the classic Hollywood vintage souvenir stores, I was instantly inspired by the old Hollywood vintage glam theme.

No matter how much I love all the current fashion and trends that comes out of Hollywood today, It still does not come close to the Old Hollywood glamour era. Starlets like Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn dazzled onscreen and off. They captivated then and continue to captivate now, so when it comes to modern beauty, it's all about channeling your own inner old Hollywood screen siren.

I for one still look up to these strong legendary movie starlets for not only their unique positive attitudes, confidence and talent but of course their signature timeless style. For me Marylin rouge red lips are a pout of perfection and how can I not mention Sophia Loren’s cat eyes, women all over the world have been trying to achieve the perfect cat-eye since Sophia Loren rocked her dramatic look in the 1960s. Audrey Hepburn thick tamed eyebrows and of course Bridget Bardot effortless tumble beach waves have impacted each decade of fashion evolution!

I have always been inspired by the styles of the 1920s, and believe that it is by far the most striking decade for beauty. Therefore when it came to be deciding on the theme of my interior it was without doubt that I wanted to transform my home by aiming to channel classic, old Hollywood glamour with a modern twist, full of demure and timeless elegance.

Here are some pics of my apartment so far, as you can see I have a lot of work to do.. but hopefully the theme is starting to transpire! I have chosen a white lace drape curtain and lots of mirror and glass for that glitz and sparkle feel. You can instantly glamorize your room with simple embellishes throw or pillows its all about attention to details and in my case learn the valuable lesson of less is more! my overall goal is to create a living area that is theatrically romantic. Above all it is daring and definitely makes a statement.


I have converted my study room to a walk in dressing room but it definitely needs a sprinkle of magic dust. I plan on organising and showcasing my favorite shoes and handbags and create a look that’s fresh with modern pieces blended with old-fashioned wit and vintage flair.

Hollywood glam décor is characterized by rich velvets, mirrored tabletops and drawer fronts, impressive chandeliers and glitter. Old Hollywood style shines the spotlight on the person in the room. The result lavish and sensual; the focus was on indulgence and luxury. Hence why I have developed an unhealthy obsession with Mrs Lisa Vanderpump Beverly Hills Boudior… if I was to live anywhere it would be in this doll house..ahh a girl can dream…


DREAM DRESSING ROOM


Stay tuned for updated pics of my new year apartment design revamp!
in mean time off to buy more shoes to fill my shelves hehe
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment